There are 7 days left for this #GuruShots Challenge and I’ve submitted a fairly eclectic mix of photographs – see below:
From left to right:
- A jail in the Badlands, South Dakota – fairly sure no longer used! :-)
- A hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates – an very impressive yet completely OTT and odd place. I’d like to go back and see some more but the place seemed almost overrun with Ex-Pats while I was there.
- A shop front in Hoi An, Vietnam – loved the setting of the shopkeeper taking time out and reading waiting for customers but hardly worrying about an empty store
- Outside Area in the Monastery of San Francisco, Lima, Peru – the orange paint was oppressive. Well worth a visit – has a surprise in the catacombes – not really for the faint-hearted.
The Top Photos in this Challenge are outstanding and my images will not be able to compete. See them for yourselves here and you are one of the photographers, congratulations, amazing work.
#Badlands #SouthDakota #USA #Dubai #UAE #HoiAn #Vietnam #Lima #Peru
Update: a Premier level finish which I’m very happy about. I didn’t make any swaps and the votes were as follows:
- Peru image received the most votes with 138
- South Dakota received 119
- The seated and reading gentleman in Hoi An achieved 112 votes
- Finally, the Dubai shot managed 100 votes
[May 2018 | Updated June 2018]
Another late entry but better late than never. I’ve got 70 hours until this #GuruShots Challenge ends and these are the photos I’ve uploaded:
I know the rules say that similar photographs shouldn’t be uploaded but I couldn’t decide which image was best and I do like them both. They are of woodland paths around the Cu Chi Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The Viet Cong built a massive network of tunnels as part of their resistance against the American invasion. For more about the brutal history, click here.
The image on the left was taken about 11 years ago on the top of the Bluff on Cayman Brac. The cliffs are only 43 metres high and are a jagged limestone littered with birds. Standing at the end of the path, there is absolutely nothing but turquoise and blue sea. For more about the Bluff, click here.
The image on the right was taken in Arizona, on the walk to view Montezuma’s Castle near Camp Verde. This was sometime in November 2007 – check out the flame orange leafs – in reality, the colours were incredible – not sure I’ve captured it in this image but there’s certainly a hint of the depth of colour.
Let’s see what happens in this challenge.
#CuChiTunnels #VietCong #Vietnam #Bluff #CaymanBrac # CaymanIslands #ColoursOfAutumn #FallColours #MontezumasCastle #CampVerde #Arizona
Update: Premier finish – I did swap the photo of the Path at Montezuma’s Castle with an image I took in County Kerry on Skellig Michael.
Another challenge to have a go at and there are nine days left. I’ve uploaded the following:
From left to right:
- Statue at Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- Dandelion Clock
- Dragon at Hoi An, Vietnam
- Temple at Mekong Delta, Vietnam
The statue was a really interesting subject outside the main temple of Angkor Wat and was really striking. The image of the Dragon at Hoi An was in the main square of the town. It’s a beautiful small town full of colour and lanterns – I think the most wonderful stop on the Vietnamese tour although I did find the Mekong Delta very impressive too. I suppose the dandelion clock looks a little daft sandwiched between the travel photos but I thought it was right to include it was it was about the curviest subject I had in the bag! :-)
In nine days time, I’ll post an update.
#GuruShots #AngkorWat #Cambodia #Vietnam #HoiAn #MekongDelta #Dandelion
Update: Elite level :-D 5 more until I reach the Veteran rank.